Glitter Photos
Glitter Photos

Monday, November 29, 2010

HOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE

*Remember that you can't change them, but you can learn to cope with them. Here are some effective strategies to try. 


1. Always stand at eye level with the person you are confronting. Never have them standing over you looking down.
2. Respect the toxic person and always expect respect in return. Settle for nothing less.
3. Remain calm.
4. Listen attentively.
5. Don't argue or interrupt, just listen.
6. If the toxic person tries to verbally bully you, just say, " I
don't allow people to treat me this way."
7. Then slowly and calmly walk
away.
8. PAUSE....LOOK AT THE PERSON, WITHOUT
EMOTION......TURN AND WALK AWAY.
9. Anger is sometimes a valid response.
10. If all else fails you might be left with only one option; to separate yourself from the toxic person in your life.


credits to MS. MAE REYES. I don't personally know her but I got this from her wall post on my tito's FB.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DANIELLA

My photo
Philippines
CAUTION: Too AWESOME to handle. HAHA. Keep calm and read on! :) So, my awesomeness can't be put into words.. hahaha!! Srsly tho.. I'm a little brat girl inside a body of a grown-up lady (ok, not SO lady). ^^, I do anything that pleases me... And I mean ANYTHING, that I feel like to in a moment. Impulsive little minx! HUH. :)) I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i don't care too much about it... xD So yeahh, yeahh.. you can say and think what you want about me or anything else between me and the universe...that's everyone's privilege. :) I just can't give a damn for EVERYONE. My care, patience and attention are all but limited. ;) "i'm not a puzzle nor a problem to be solve... i'm more of an adventure to enjoy and to love." -DVM xo "judge me all you want but keep the verdict to yourself." DANIELLA = God is my judge. Need I say more? ♥ ciao. "Don't ever try to understand me... 'Cause you'll never be able to!.." -Daniella V. Marquez