Glitter Photos
Glitter Photos

Monday, April 9, 2012

Simplistic Trance-Like Getaway

This time last year.. Things are so so different.
My summer was cursed last year because of school stuffs... But screw that... This year... It will be one hell of a bashing vacation trip! And tadaaa!!! My Summer 2012 kick off! Palawan trip with my Ninong, my Tito Obet, my Lolo, my Lola and my brother!

March 29, 2012
First Day @ Palawan
Flight No. 5J-643

This might be the most memorable flight I'll ever had! As usual we came at the airport earlier than we should.. Which is a good thing for what's bound to happen... Haha! So we enter the airport with our baggages... Passing through the x-ray thingy... And as I put my hand bag and pass through the metal detector thing I was asked to go back and try putting my hand bag back again on the x-ray machine... The officer said that there's something bullet-like in the monitor.. So he get all of my things out from my hand bag and inspect it one by one.. He said its inside my wallet but he didn't find it in the first attempt and then, he put my bag again through the x-ray machine and presto! He located it but had a hard time getting it out... And I was questioned why I have a bullet and where did I get it blah, blah, blah... I was also asked to write a promissory note and got a warning and all... Hay! I didn't know that the bullet was there in the first place... It was such an experience! :P As I've said it was a good thing that we're early... But we've waited too long because our flight is delayed by an hour or so...

We arrived at Puerto Princesa, Palawan at past 1 in the afternoon... Then a van was waiting for us because we're still 2 hours away from Crystal Paradise Resort, Spa and Winery which is located in the town of Narra which sits on the southeastern side of Palawan... It was a very tiring ride... Especially because the road is under construction... So, you can just imagine what it feels like inside the van while traveling in unconstructed roads..  Sobrang tagal ng byahe! Naka ilang tulog nako naglalalkbay padin kami! :)) Anyway, it's worth the wait naman... We arrived at Crystal Paradise probably about past 3 in the afternoon and we were welcomed with a song, a lei was put in each of our neck and a refreshing wet towel plus a fresh buko juice straight from a coconut shell..

We rented the Amihan Pool Villa (Family Suite) with a private pool and Jacuzzi plus a panoramic view   of the sea... We went to our villa right after the welcome ceremonies... My brother and I dipped in the pool right away... Then we had dinner delivered right in our dining area near the pool... It was a feast! Pardon me I'm not a food photographer.. Hahaha!!

March 30, 2012
Second Day @ Palawan

Hmmm.. We woke up early... Grab a fine breakfast and we were picked-up by a van and dropped off back to Puerto Princesa.. Then we were picked-up again by a different van that took us away from the city of Puerto Princesa and brought us to Sheridan Resort, Sabang for quite a few hours.. We had our lunch buffet in the beach of Sabang.. Tito Obet, Ninong and Ex tried eating wood worms which is locally called "Tamilok"  the exotic specialty of Palawan... According to them it tastes like oysters... But there'\s no way I'm gonna try it. *gross* So we waited a few hours again and my brother and I played along the sea shore and got inked on our hands... After a few moments of waiting we were bought to the boat station and well, road a boat that bought us to the famous Underground River! It was a long hours of travel and waiting.. But I must say.. It's all worth it! And exhausting... Hahaha!! Anyway, before getting in the boat that took us in the underground river we had a short walk in an open zoo... but its not an actual zoo.. It's a forest and yes there are some wild animals that surrounds us while we walk.. Monkeys and Salamanders mostly... They said there are some snakes as well but fortunately I didn't saw any... I would freak out! It would be better if they have tigers as well... :P So there.. We finally arrived at another boat station... This time the boat will take us through the underground river and we explore the 1.5km of the famous cave that made it to the new 7 Wonders of the World. It was a surreal experience.. I've never been that close to nature... It is a surreal, magnificent wonder.. The stalagmites and stalactites are wonderfully shaped to different rock formations naturally... It is a gift that needs to be taken care of.

We traveled back to Crystal Paradise... Again a very long ride.. We were drooped right in the door step of our villa.. Then we had another dinner feast... Late dinner feast actually..

March 31, 2012
Day 3 @ Palawan

Our last day on the island! Geeze! it feels like I don't wanna leave the place! Who would want to leave the fresh breeze, beautiful surroundings... The nature's nest? I will trade anything to wake up every day in a place like this!

This 3rd day was a quick city tour of Puerto Princesa...Before the tour begins we had our lunch in Ka Luis restaurant.. Mind you, it was another feast and the ambiance, and the food was 5 star! I love that resto! You have to make a reservation before you can get in. Then as you enter, a very serene garden set-up will welcome you and you can't step in the dining area with shoes or slippers.. you have to be bare foot. The reason why you should be bare foot as you dine is the shiny wood flooring they have in the interior including their restrooms! It was such a beautiful place!

As the city tour began, we first went to the Crocodile Farm/Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center.. I don't like crocs... They are... I don't know.. But I don't like them! But here I've found out that they are nocturnal... I swear I didn't knew that before.. But still, I don't like them! Our next stop was Iwahig... It's a prison with no jail bars or any kind of jails at all.. But there are prisoners... I personally call it "corrective village"... Everybody deserves a second chance and well, there... they have it. Next we stop by a hill thing overview... I forgot what its called.. But there they have a zip line and a mini trampoline and well an overview... It reminds me of Tagaytay... I really forgot what's the place called. Then we went to Bakier's Hill where we bought some baked stuffs and then we went straight to Plaza Cuartel it was an old military court during the WW II and this is where the Japanese soldiers set a fire that killed 150 American hostages of the war. There were a few survivors according to history that did not burn to death... Probably lurking around in this park once the sun set isn't a good thing to do... :P Our last stop was the Immaculate Conception  Cathedral.. That has an on-going marriage ceremony when we dropped by.. Right after the tour we were brought to the airport... We were brought back to Manila by Flight No. 5J-642.. It saddens me to leave Palawan behind... Anyway... I'll be back to that Nature's Nest!

So that's my Simplistic Trance-Like Getaway! Palawan 2012...♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

DANIELLA

My photo
Philippines
CAUTION: Too AWESOME to handle. HAHA. Keep calm and read on! :) So, my awesomeness can't be put into words.. hahaha!! Srsly tho.. I'm a little brat girl inside a body of a grown-up lady (ok, not SO lady). ^^, I do anything that pleases me... And I mean ANYTHING, that I feel like to in a moment. Impulsive little minx! HUH. :)) I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i don't care too much about it... xD So yeahh, yeahh.. you can say and think what you want about me or anything else between me and the universe...that's everyone's privilege. :) I just can't give a damn for EVERYONE. My care, patience and attention are all but limited. ;) "i'm not a puzzle nor a problem to be solve... i'm more of an adventure to enjoy and to love." -DVM xo "judge me all you want but keep the verdict to yourself." DANIELLA = God is my judge. Need I say more? ♥ ciao. "Don't ever try to understand me... 'Cause you'll never be able to!.." -Daniella V. Marquez